I have a few go-to lunch salads that I make over and over again and never tire.
This salad is one of my favorite lunch salads to toss together. I love the texture of orzo, so adding it to a salad? Yes, please!
The salad is quite simple, but it is easily customizable - think Greek Salad with a fresh, new twist! You could add pepperoncini, feta cheese, or better yet, grill Halloumi to go on top - YUM!
Spinach and Orzo Salad
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 1 lb of cooked orzo
- 1 cup of pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 cup of peppadews, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint or basil
- optional add-in's: feta cheese, pepperoncini, cherry tomatoes, grilled halloumi
- In a large bowl toss together the orzo, olives, peppadews, red onion, garlic and any other ingredients you want to add-in.
- Add the spinach and gently toss to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and top with fresh mint of basil. Toss and serve.