You don't need fancy food and elaborate tablescapes to entertain. There are many weeknights we have friends pop over for a casual, last-minute meal, and tacos are an easy go-to.
First, I have my man whip up a batch of his famous salsa or guacamole for everyone to enjoy while I cook the main event.
In these "Street Tacos" mushrooms take the leading role, but don't let that scare you away! They are so dang good, even the meat-lovers will come back for seconds.
I also make a quick version of a Spanish rice to add into the tacos or serve on the side. Lastly, I finish the tacos with a bright and limey cilantro sauce. Yum! All together you can have this meal ready in around 30 minutes, make it perfect for a night of easy entertaining.
Print this recipe and keep in on hand of those easy entertaining evenings!
Easy Entertaining: Street Tacos
- 1/2 cup + 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1 cup of “no” chicken stock
- 1 cup of cilantro
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pkg of tortillas
- In a sauce pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat, add onions and salt. Sauté onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, rice, and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked. Turn off heat and let sit, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, combine the cilantro, parsley, 1/2 cup of olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Process until a sauce is formed.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the mushrooms for 8-10 minutes with a pinch of salt. Add the Black beans and half of the green sauce and cook until heated through. Reserve the remaining sauce to spoon on top of the tacos.
- Serve each tortilla with a scoop of rice, mushroom and bean mixture, any additional toppings such as lettuce and avocado, drizzle with additional sauce.